A new residential development is set to be built in the heart of Queenstown after the URA put up a plot of land for sale earlier this year (2017). Originally two plots of land, it has been merged into one, and covers an area of 227,220.77 square feet (21,109.5 square metres).
The 99-year leasehold Stirling Residences is jointly developed by Nanshan Group and Logan Property. The permissible gross floor area will be 954,328.3 square feet (88,660 square metres), and the development will be made up of 4 storey blocks – the whole site having a maximum height above sea level of 163 metres. It is expected that the project will comprise of up to 1,110 units though the size and nature of those is yet to be released.
The site is located next near to the existing Anchorage condominium. The area is on elevated land which is an advantage for several reasons, including that of privacy.
The development is located on Stirling Road and is made of Queensway, Commonwealth Avenue and Alexandra Road in what is becoming a popular location for developers and home seekers alike, and is showing all the signs of gentrification that has characterised many other areas. It is a mature district however with the infrastructure and amenities that comes with that. There are plentiful dining options within walking distance, a short bus journey or drive. Dawson Place, Anchor Point and Alexandra Central malls are all in the vicinity, with Valley Point and Great World only a little further away. In terms of education facilities, the area is also well served, with New Town Primary School, Queenstown Primary, Queenstown Secondary School, Queensway Secondary, GIIS, Tanglin Trust School and ACS International all conveniently located near to the future development.
The popular enclaves of Dempsey Hill, Tiong Bahru and Holland Village are only a short drive away, and Orchard Road is less than a 20 minute.
One of the main draws for the area is its transport links. The development will be a short walk from Queenstown MRT Station which is on the East West Line. From there it is 3 stops to Outram Park which connects to the North East Line. The CBD is just another two stops further along.
Car drivers will benefit from its proximity to the AYE, Alexandra Road and Queensway. Stirling Road itself is served by the 64 bus route.
Why Stirling Residences?
- A city fringe project – That is situated just a stone’s throw away from Queenstown MRT station
- So near and yet so quiet – Unlike developments directly next to the above-ground MRT station, residents of the Stirling Residences are free from rattling sound of the trains
- Work closer to home / Large tenants base
- Near Central Business District – Directly linked to Raffles Place MRT station at The Central Business District via the East-West line
- 3 – 4 stations away from the One North Business Hub – a place where all the high tech companies and life sciences research companies are.
- Link directly to the Jurong Business District of Singapore. The Jurong Business District is known as the second CBD of Singapore.
- Within half an hour bus ride to Mapletree Business City
- Close to Shopping / Leisure / Dining Amenities – Other than the mega shopping malls located in central area and second CBD of Singapore, Stirling Residences is also just a short drive away from Holland Village and Dempsey Hills.
- Room for Capital Appreciation – Being located in a prime area surrounded by several business hubs, Stirling Residences definitely have room for capital appreciation in the near future. This new launch condo is also located just a short distance away from the future Great Southern Waterfront.
Past Development of Nanshan Group
Stirling Residences – Location Map
Details of Stirling Residences
|Project Name||Stirling Residences|
|Developer||Nanshan Group & Logan Property|
|Site Area||Approximately 227,221 sq ft|
|No Of Units||1100 residential units (TBA)|
|No Of Block||TBA|
|Unit Types||1 Bedroom
|No of Carpark Lots||TBA|
Stirling Residences – Price Guide
Stirling Residences – Floorplans
New launches in the city/ city fringe